Monday, April 11, 2011

Sure Fire Ways to Meditate Like Buddha

Sure Fire Ways to Meditate Like Buddha

Whether you have only tried meditating once, or have been meditating for years - you know that some days its frustrating. Been there, felt that!

I used to think that meditation was about shutting off my brain for the 15 or 30 minutes I was to be meditating. Since I couldn’t do this for even a second. I quit. Then I would read another book, feel inspired and try again. And quit. I wasted a whole lot of time thinking I was a meditation “failure.”

My energetic team finally guided me to decide what meditation was for ME. Like everything else in the world, things work differently for each of us. Below are what I have found to be help me meditate like Buddha.

Get up and OMMMMMMM - meditation first thing in the morning is best for me for 2 reasons. 1. I am not on information overload. 2. It is a GREAT way to ensure a balanced day.

Take a pen and paper - on those days where my brain is on super speed, I just jot down the ideas, thoughts, to do lists, etc that come up while I am getting into my peaceful Buddha like space. By writing them down it gets them out of my head and allows my brain to relax.

Clear Your Clutter - OK, I know you have heard this a million times, but there is a reason for that. It is true. We don’t want it to be, but it is. The cleaner and clearer the space you live in - the cleaner and clearer your head is. You don’t have to take a month off work to clear it all - take baby steps. Do a room a day, or a week, or if necessary - a month. (although you may want to call in for professional help if a room will take a month - just sayin')

Guided meditations - yep, my all time favorite way to meditate. Gives my brain something to do, which helps me to focus, which helps me a successful meditator! My favorites are - mine of course, you can find these in my store. And also Kelly Howell’s. Also Doreen Virtues Chakra Clearing. If you have some favorites you would like to share with the readers please post them below.

Just do it - decide the time and days you are going to meditate and just do it. Even if you are a zillion miles away from your Buddha like space, be there. Most of our day is routine - and we need to make meditation part of our routine to ensure it happens. Like most things, if we don’t set it - we don’t do it!

Also an important thing for people to know - not everyone is going to succeed at sitting meditation. Some of you are what we could call “movement meditators” - so you need to be walking, yoga, tai chi, qi gong, etc to get into the space. This is OK!!

I strongly suggest daily meditation to raise your vibrations, find your inner Buddha and create the life your heart desires.

I would love if you posted below on your favorite ways to meditate!

Many blessings and much love,
Glenyce Hughes
Medium & So Much More
www.glenyce.net


The beautiful sunrise from our back deck.

No comments: